The Prelude Character Analysis attracts over 70,000 visits per month (and growing) from people all over the world interested in personality and personal development. If you’re a confident writer and would like to reach a wider audience of people, you can become a guest blogger for our website.
If you’d like to contribute a guest blog article to our website we’d love to hear from you. Our aim is to help people learn about their personalities, and our blog serves this by showing personality through anecdotes, how we go about things, media, work styles, and much more. We’re open to different types of subjects, but they should all somehow relate back to personality or Character Type.
Guest Blogging Requirements
Content and subject
We’re happy for you to choose a subject, but it must relate back to personality or Character Type in a practical way. For example, if you’re a web designer, you may choose to write about:
- ‘Showing personality through web design’
- ‘What colour choice says about personality’
- ‘Five tips for introvert web designers’
- ‘How to be creative and get things done’
Here are some guest posts we've published to give you an idea of what works well on our blog:
- How Introverts Can Succeed on Teams with Extroverts
- Making your New Year a SMART one: Some tips to make your New Years' resolutions stick
- Top Five Personality Traits Employers Look for in the Job Interview
- Blogging for Your Personality Type
If you haven’t already done so, you should also take our Character Analysis questionnaire (it takes about 3 minutes). Once you understand your own personality, and how we explain Character Type, you’ll be able to weave this into your blog post so that it fits in well with our website.
The content of your blog post must be unique (only posted on our website) and your own work.
We'd like you to be able to write in your own style, but we try to keep all posts positive and helpful. We don't see personality as good or bad, right or wrong, so it's important that this comes across in the points you're making. Above all – be yourself!
All posts should be written in English with good spelling, grammar and punctuation.
If you’d like to include any pictures with your blog post please make sure:
- The picture is appropriate for the blog post subject
- The quality is good and there are no watermarks
- You have permission to use the picture
- That you include the source and/or license reference
Quotes, data and third party content
If you include any quotes, data or third party content, please make sure that you attribute the source appropriately.
- Get in touch and let us know what subject you’d like to write about (we’ll always get back, so we’re happy to bounce any ideas around)
- Send us your blog post (Word document, Open Office or PDF)
- Include a short byline, containing any links to your social media profile or website and a picture of yourself (optional)
- If we’re happy with the blog post we’ll let you know when it will be published. If there are any amendments which need making we’ll let you know.
- We’ll publish your blog post and share the link on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Google+). We may also include a link on our newsletter.
- We also ask that you share the link to the blog post on your social media or website.
- Comments are enabled for blog posts, so it might be worth subscribing to the comment feed for the post (we use Disqus for comments) so you can keep up with any questions or comments.